The Institut d’études européennes of the ULB, the Students’ Association of the Institute for European Studies (SAIES), and the College of Europe organize a meeting and debate where IEE and College of Europe students will have the opportunity to discuss and present their thought for the future of the EU.
* This event is reserved for students, there is no registration possible.
Practical information :
- When ? June 20, 2023 – All day
- Where ? At the ULB
- Anne Weyembergh, Vice Rector of the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
- Virtual speech by Federica Mogherini, Rector of the College of Europe and former High Representative/Vice-President of the European Commission
- Ramona Coman, President of the Institute for European Studies (IEE)
- Michele Chang, Permanent Professor of the European Political and Governance Studies Department (CoE)
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Plenary session with guest experts
- Group 1 – EU democracy, rule of law, and youth participation. Guest expert: Prof. Alberto Alemanno (Professor at HEC Paris and College of Europe, cofounder of The Good Lobby)
- Group 2 – Human rights and migration. Guest expert: Dr. Juliette Dupont (Research fellow at the Initiative de recherche sur l’Immigration, Concordia University, Canada)
- Group 3 – Security, defense, and energy security. Guest expert: Dr. Constantinos Hadjisavvas (Project Manager leading Climate Security and Energy at the European Defence Agency)
- Group 4 – Climate change, environment, and health. Guest expert: MEP Philippe Lamberts (Member of the European Parliament, Greens/EFA)
- Group 5 – Economic resilience, digital transformation, and welfare. Guest expert: Prof. Amandine Crespy (Professor at ULB and College of Europe; Deputy Director of the Centre d’Étude de la Vie Politique (CEVIPOL).
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Lunch break
2:30- 4:00 p.m. Plenary session: Student debate
4:00 – 5:15 p.m. Panel sessions & Final writing process
5:15 p.m. Closing ceremony
When? June 20th, 2023
Where? Institut d’études européennes of the Université libre de Bruxelles