A new Summer School is organised by the IEE-ULB as a collaboration with the Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences.
It is organised within the framework of Jean Monnet Module “Rule of law and mutual trust in global and European governance”.
What is this Summer school about?
If you are seeking to specialise in the study of the EU, looking for a hands-on immersion, or preparing for an international career in Brussels? The Summer School “360° of EU Affairs” offers a unique opportunity to pursue your objectives and build real-world skills. Courses are taught by leading scholars in their fields and the activities offer privileged engagement with EU institutions and high-level practitioners.
Who is this Summer school for?
The summer school is designed for BA (final year) and MA students with a background in political science, law, history, international relations, etc. Participants should have a sufficient command of English to interact and to write assignments.
Through academic lectures, roundtables and panels with high-level officials and experts in EU affairs, the summer school provides an introduction to EU politics with a focus on EU institutions, interests representation, lobbying, decision-making and the EU in the world. The programme includes lectures and other activities every weekday and covers:
- The challenges of the EU & Introduction to the politics of the EU
- The deepening and widening of EU integration process
- A more (geo)political EU Commission
- The European Parliament
- The power of Member States
- Judicial politics. Rights, norms and values.
- Interest representation in Brussels: Mapping the actors
- The EU in the world
- Decision-making in the EU
- Normative power vs strategic interest?
- Negotiating the EU budget
– Ramona Coman, Associate Professor and President of the Institute for European Studies, ULB
– Frank Mattheis, Post-Doc Research Fellow, IEE-ULB
Location: The summer school will be given online through ULB’s learning environment.
Fees: Registration fee: €1000 (includes lectures, course material, online social and cultural activities).
Contact: For any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: The application procedure has to be filled before 21 May 2021.