The College of Europe, the Students’ Association of the Institute for European Studies (SAIES), and the Institute for European Studies organize a meeting and debate where IEE and College of Europe students will have the opportunity to express themselves.
* This event is reserved for students, there is no registration possible.
Practical information :
- When ? June 16, 2021 – All day
- Where ? At the IEE-ULB
- Rectors Frederica Mogherini (College of Europe) and Annemie Schaus (Université libre de Bruxelles)
- Professors Ramona Coman (IEE President) and Olivier Costa (Director of the Department of European Political and Governance Studies)
- 11h-12h : Keynote speech on the future of Europe delivered by Federica Mogherini, former High Representative of the EU for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy 2014-2019 and Rector of the College of Europe, which will be introduced by Annemie Schaus, Rector of the Université libre de Bruxelles
- 12h-14h : lunch break
- 14h-17h : Student debate. 50 students (25 IEE students and 25 CoE students) will be divided into 5 thematic groups; they will exchange views on the following themes : The institutional framework of the EU; Enlargement and neighbourhood policy; Policies and responses to Europe’s challenges; Europe in the world : Towards Strategic Autonomy; Economic governance of the EU
- 17h15-17h45 : Plenary discussion : The moderators of each group will present the main conclusions of the group discussions
- 18h-19h/19h30 : Reception with students and professors
- 19h30-22h : Student party in the IEE garden, organised by SAIES, with the support of the IEE