THE EUROPEAN UNION, GLOBAL GOVERNANCE AND WORLD ORDER (6 ECTS) - Prof. P. Vercauteren
This teaching shall introduce students to the issues of globalizations, governance, the transformation crisis of the State in contemporary world and the question of the European governance in such a context.
As a result of this course, students will be able to analyze the concepts and realities of global governance and to confront them to challenges of the question of globalization. The student shall master the following methods and techniques: the capacity to make use of concepts of global or European governance and democracy in the analysis of various issues related to these notions in the contemporary world.
Course requirements and grading
- Debate (which serves as an oral final examination) 30%
- Class participation & attendance 20 %
- Term paper (which serves as a final written exam) 50%
All papers must meet the following requirements:
- The topics will be assigned by the teacher and will deal with issues relevant for course
- Papers should avoid grammatical or spelling errors.
- The length of the paper is 10 pages, references included.
- Citations should use standard format and footnotes are preferred.
- Credit must be given to the author, in the body of the paper as well as in a footnote.