The Institute for European Studies of the ULB is hiring!
The IEE’s Executive Education branch
is looking for a part-time student affairs officer
(English and French)
for its EXECUTIVE Programmes
The Institut d’études européennes of the Université libre de Bruxelles has been, for over 50 years, a crossroad for European Studies at the centre of Europe’s capital. With an alumni network that brings together 8,000 experts in European affairs, we remain focused on innovative teaching, research and public debate on European integration. The IEE-ULB provides first class, bilingual learning opportunities for both professionals wishing to refine their knowledge on EU affairs and full time students.
Our executive education programs in English constitute hands-on training with top practitioners and academics.
Under the supervision of the Executive Manager, he/she will be responsible for the successful implementation of several aspects of the programme including candidates, faculty and students affairs, administration management, course organisation and events organization.
- A part-time job in collaboration with a dynamic, international team
- A non-routine position in constant interaction with multi-cultural stakeholders
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30th, 2017 at the latest. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please note that given the number of applications expected, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Providing administrative, operational and general support to candidates, students and alumni
- Providing administrative support to professors involved in executive training programs
- Animating alumni and participants network
- Organising programme events
- Coordinating social networks activities
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French
- Rigorous organizational competences
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Capacity to interact with demanding stakeholders and to build strong relations within a multi-cultural environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiatives, prioritize and work under set deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Relevant IT and social media management skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel/ Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter…)
Profile and Experience:
- No professional experience required (relevant administrative experience is a plus)
- Experience in multi-tasking, operational positions
- Flexibility to work in the evening and on Saturdays
- Knowledge of executive education sector is a plus
- Experience in a demanding business environment is an asset
- Education level: College (bachelier). Degrees superior to the required level cannot be taken into consideration.
Key areas of responsibility:
CANDIDATES & STUDENTS AFFAIRS:
- Execution of operational and administrative tasks related to candidates’ selection and enrolment
- Operational support to students during the whole academic cycle
- Coordination of social networks in collaboration with the programme manager and the marketing team
- Developing and nurturing relations with participants
- Follow-up of administrative requests from participants and alumni
- Taking care of the course organisation, including preparation of course material, logistic (schedule, rooms, catering…), evaluation, course quality monitoring and exams under the supervision of the academic coordinators
- Supporting financial officer on the invoicing process and financial follow-up
- Data collection for programme certifications, alumni network
- Provide support on programme-related social events
- Organizing promotional and recruitment events
- Scheduling assessment sessions for candidates selection
Location and working regime :
- The job will be based at the Institute for European Studies
- The working regime will be of 19 hours per week, from Tuesday to Saturday
- The day schedule will depend on the schedule of the programmes