Part-Time Academic Position – Representing 1/10 of a full time position, teaching rate of 24 hours
ABOUT THE IEE
The Institute for European Studies of the Université libre de Bruxelles (IEE-ULB) is an interdisciplinary graduate teaching and research institute in European studies. Founded in 1964, this “Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence” benefits from over 50 years of experience as well as a continuously developing global network of academic and non-academic partners.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
- The candidate is expected to teach the course “Methodology of European Studies” (24h) in the Executive Master in European Studies (MEUS).
- The course is designed
to enhance students’ research skills for conducting an academic research by introducing them to main European integration theories;
to familiarize students with the major components of a research design and enable them to construct a coherent research design by connecting theoretical framework with appropriate data analysis and data collection methods;
to develop students’ written and oral communication skills in social sciences for presenting research findings.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
PhD Degree in Law, Social Sciences, Political Science, Economics
- Research experience in the field of European Studies
- Ability to teach in English
- Experience in an academic environment
Teaching duties may be reviewed periodically and are subject to modification over time.
Remuneration is fixed on a flat-rate basis (gross annual salary 4.800 euros for 24 teaching hours and 6 hours tutorials with students).
The retained candidate is to start in September 2017.
Applications (in French or English) are to be sent by email (To: email@example.com) to the attention of Prs. Anne Weyembergh (President of the IEE-ULB) and Ramona Coman (Director of the IEE-ULB).
They will include:
- A detailed CV (max 3 pages);
- A motivation letter (max 1 page);
- A report of around 3500 signs on the candidate’s teaching project (content of the course) and on the candidate’s previous teaching activities;
- The names of five persons (free from any conflict of interest) who can be contacted by the members of the commission to give their opinion on the academic and/or professional qualities of the candidate are also required.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.