Methodology in European Studies - John Nieuwenhuys
This course provides help in the writing of the Internship report or the dissertation.
Using references and footnotes ; writing an academic paper respecting scientific rules ; building up a problematic and answering research questions ; using relevant sources and criticizing them ; avoid plagiarism.
Writing an academic paper respecting scientific rules.
At the close of this course, students will be able to:
- Define a research question and answer it
- Build up a problematic
- Define a case study
- Use different and relevant sources for their argumentation
Course requirements and grading :
oral presentation (30%) and final paper (70%). Total is /60.
All papers must meet the following requirements:
- The topics will be assigned in cooperation with the teacher and the academic supervisor and will deal with issues relevant either with the Internship, or with the topic chosen by the student)
- Papers should avoid grammatical or spelling errors, as well as PLAGIARISM.
- The length of the paper is 30/40 pages for the internship report // 40-50 pages for the dissertation.
- Citations should use standard format and footnotes are preferred.
- Credit must be given to the author, in the body of the paper as well as in a footnote.